Capital International School is a private coeducational school. Board of Directors include 12 members; a Managing Director is appointed by the Board to represent the BOD as well as the Board Consultant. The Board of Directors also appoints the School Superintendent, who is entrusted with all aspects related to operating both educational programs successfully. The School Superintendent appoints a principal for each educational program.
Founded in 2016, the school offers two educational programs: the British Program and the American Program.
The British Program follows the UK and Wales National curriculum, while the American Program follows the Common Core Standards in Math and Language Arts; all other subjects follow a U. S. standard-based curriculum model. Language of instruction in both programs is English; the school follows the Egyptian Ministry of Education’s curriculum in Arabic Language, Religious Studies, and Social Studies. World Languages are offered starting
Grade / Year 1: French or German. Technology is integrated into the curriculum school-wide.
The British Program is registered with Cambridge International Examination to teach, deliver and run the programs and qualifications of Cambridge Primary and Cambridge Secondary 1, while the American Program is currently a candidate for accreditation by AdvancED organization.
- NWEA Measures of Academic Progress® (MAP®) tests present students with engaging, age-appropriate content. As a student responds to questions, the test responds to the student, adjusting up or down in difficulty.
- Based on over 30 years of research, MAP is a key tool for measuring growth and predicting proficiency over time
- The result is a rewarding experience for the student, and a wealth of detailed information for teachers, parents and administrators.
- Assess Mathematics, Reading, Language usage and Science
- Applied from Grade 1 - 8
- Adaptive computerized assessments three times during the school year
- Scores are used to encourage learning for each and every student by mapping their achievement and growth
- Does not affect students’ grades
- No studying required
- Follet is one of the largest supplier of books, reference materials, digital resources, eBooks and audiovisual materials to PreK-12 schools.
- Follett Library Resources offers much more than a phenomenal selection.
- The College Board is a non-profit membership association that sets and manages standardized tests.
- PSAT Test
- SAT Reasoning Tests
- SAT Subject Test
- Advanced Placement Exams
- The IB Diploma Program for students aged 16 to 19
- It is a demanding two-year curriculum leading to final examinations and a qualification that is welcomed by leading universities around the world.
- The program includes a curriculum and pedagogy, student assessment appropriate to the age range, professional development for teachers and a process of school authorization and evaluation.
- The programs are available through 3,050 IB World Schools in 139 countries.
RENWEB is Web-based school management system:
- Helps parents monitor their children
- Provides interactive reports on the students behavior and academic performance
- Enables teachers to assign, grade and submit students’ work online
RENWEB generates and provide the following:
- Records and profiles
- Attendance management
- School calendar